30 November 2009

Smoke and Mirrors, by Neil Gaiman

Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
Avon Books ISBN-13 978-0-380-78902-3

pg 184
As I reached her, one elegant hand swept up the cards, wrapped them in a silk scarf, placed them gently in a wooden box.

hard to imagine doing all that --especially the wrapping-- one-handed.

pg 339
I carried a silver basin, and a basket in which I had placed a sliver knife, a silver pin, some tongs, a gray robe, and three green apples. I put them on, and stood there, unclothed,

first, I assume she put on only the robe, or else put everything ON something... a windowsill, or a table.
second, if she put the robe, or everything, ON herself, then she was not unclothed. A confusing paragraph.

pg 339
took the red apples from the silver bowl

I understand the green apples turned red, but better phrasing might be, "the newly red apples," or "the apples that had become red"

No comments:

Post a Comment