30 December 2009

The Professional, by Robert B. Parker

The Professional by Robert B. Parker
G. P. Putnam's Sons - Penguin Group ISBN 978-0-399015594-9


pg 28
I refused to dress up to work out

refuse

pg 50
"You want me to come by and iron yours shirts, too?"

your

pg 104
"She knows, of course, and they remain friends, with a, necessarily, open marriage."

at least one too many commas.

pg 117
"Well, I guess I'd answer why would I be unmonogamous."

"why would I be monogamous." He's arguing against monogamy.

pg 137
"but in the circumstance, I was not at my most analytic."

"under the circumstances," unless he's trying to show she's somewhat illiterate?

pg 152
...still nodding to whatever music he was hearing in the spheres

what spheres?

pg 216
In the month she graduated from Tarbridge High School, she married a guy name Boley LaBonte, and divorced him a year later.

first, "in" is superfluous. "The month she graduated" is fine.
second, typo: should be "a guy named" not "a guy name"

pg 217
Up a hill past the red light

this is dialect, but not New England dialect. "past the traffic light," "past the light"

No comments:

Post a Comment